Thursday, August 11, 2005

wet wild and contaminated

This Saturday I'm considering (considering) going to Wild Rivers with one of my friends. But this brings back such bad memories. I mean, besides the sun burns and crying kids.



There's this huge river-ish type thing that floats throughout a part of the park, and you can just relax and make your way down stream on it. So, the last time I went to Wild Rivers, or some other park of such nature, I was floating on downstream, when I look down and see a bandaid. With a splotch of blood on the white part.

Yeah, I got out asap.

Hence forth I've been a little iffy about going to places like that. There's only so many places you can go without bumping into something (or someone) infested in that place.

Then I got to thinking. I asked the same friend that invited me to go if the ph level of chlorine is greater than the ph level of our blood (7.4). He guessed that chlorine was about 7.3 - 7.6. But that 0.1 sorta bugs me. He mentioned the fact that it's so low because the chlorine is diluted. And since bodies covered in who knows what along with sweat and what not* are making their way through the water, it might be even more diluted. That and because there's so much water, it might even be almost as bad as just water.

And there better not be any pervs there. But of course there will be. Big fat hairy men who are waaay past their prime and know it, which is why they're there in the first place.

Hm... so that's a couple factors against me.
  1. Sun burn
  2. Dirty water
  3. Raw skin that can easily soak up the nasty water
  4. Walking around half naked
  5. Not being able to go home and wash off
  6. Evil pervs...

Maybe I'll take a rain check on this whole trip thing. But then again, I'm doing this for my friend... and so that I can get out of so many other things that people are trying to get me to do over the weekend. :)

*Not to mention the kids that try to drink the water and spit it out again. I know you're out there, my brother is guilty of such act!

1 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Virgil said...

Hey, thanks for the link!

12:39 PM, August 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home